31 Days of Author Madness: Owain Glyn
March 20, 2018, Author: Kristin Jacques
1. What is your writing process?
I tend to get the germ of an idea. I handwrite my thoughts and put it to one side for a few days. I then reread, if it continues to make sense I will develop it. I do not put it onto publish until I am completely satisfied. I throw away more than I publish.
2. What inspires you to write?
The world around me. I am an inveterate people watcher and I can find an element of humour in even the most tragic of situations.
3. Writing is considered a dream job by many, but what if you were granted the opportunity for a true, magical ‘dream job’. What would it be and why?
I think I would be an undertaker. I am extremely nosey and would take delight in what I found in people’s pockets.
4. You are standing on a stage, addressing a high school auditorium of teenage creative writers. What advice would you impart to them about the craft and the career path of being a writer?
I would suggest to them that if they were considering writing as a career then I could hand out a list of cheap psychiatrists.
5. You’re stranded in a snowed in cabin, well stocked up on food, but no internet. What is on your emergency book shelf?
Probably lots of alcohol, a copy of Dante’s Divine Comedy, a copy of Dostoevsky’s The Idiot and a copy of How to overcome enthusiasm.
Where to find him:
Any other news or updates you would like to share?
My published first collection of poetry ‘Windswept’ is available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or direct from OuterBanks publishing
glynhockeyMarch 22, 2018
Kristin JacquesMarch 23, 2018
glynhockeyMarch 24, 2018