31 Days of Author Madness: Sally Mason
March 23, 2018, Author: Kristin Jacques
1. What is your writing process?
I’m a panster by heart. The only thing I’m planning is a couple of major plot points and the ending. The last few paragraphs are written pretty early on so I can keep track of the finish line. The rest is write as a I go.
2. What inspires you to write?
Real life and the world around me. Life is a great teacher and observing people can spark characters in my mind. Most of the time, I get a few new ideas just sitting at the mall on a Sunday afternoon, having a coup of coffee.
3. Writing is considered a dream job by many, but what if you were granted the opportunity for a true, magical ‘dream job’. What would it be and why?
I think I would like to be a super spy/secret agent. Or a time travel, if magic is involved, like those guys on Timeless.
4. You are standing on a stage, addressing a high school auditorium of teenage creative writers. What advice would you impart to them about the craft and the career path of being a writer?
Keep writing. With every chapter, you grow and get better. Be open minded to changes in style and concepts and think outside the box. Experiment. Different genres, voices, POV, tenses – the sky is the limit. But most of all, have fun. If you lose your love for writing, it becomes a chore and the magic will suffer.
5. You’re stranded in a snowed in cabin, well stocked up on food, but no internet. What is on your emergency book shelf?
My WP library containing all the books of my friends – and all of Elicia Hyder books on my Kindle. Also, some good John Grisham’s and Stephen King’s (or at least those I haven’t read before)
Where to find her:
Sal MasonMarch 23, 2018
Kristin JacquesMarch 24, 2018
Marilyn JV RensburgApril 2, 2018